Friday, June 9, 2017

Oh the Laziness

Hi Guys! 

Dawn here. As you can tell from the title of this post, I am here today to talk about laziness and suggest ways to combat it. 

When you are staying at home, it can be easy-trust me-REALLY easy to slip into a pattern where you don't get anything done. Where you don't change out of your pajamas, you sit around all day and play on your laptop or you binge on Netflix. I have definitely been guilty of this! Even now, I write this post in my nightgown, hair unwashed and the clean clothes just sitting there in the hamper waiting to be put away. 
Here are some ways that I can think of to break away from this pattern, and these are things that I do to keep me from being lazy. 

1. At the very beginning of the day, make a to-do list. Write down all the things that need to be done around the house, such as do the dishes, wipe down the counters, exercise. I have found personally that this helps a bunch, as I feel obligated to scratch things off of the list. It can also feel exciting to physically scratch something off of a list! 

2. Put on some high-energy music or videos. If I'm having a tough time getting through the housework, I blast some music that really gets me moving and dancing around. This will make doing the mundane tasks fun. 

3. Think about your husband. Ladies, they go out and they work their butts off for us. Staying at home is a privilege and NOT a right. In exchange for getting to stay home, we must keep our houses a clean, relaxing haven for our husbands to come home to when they get off of work. So if you are struggling to get up off of the couch or out of your bed, just remember what your husband has to do in order for you to be able to do that. 

4. Give yourself a day of rest throughout the week, or at least make it a really light cleaning day. If you are exhausted from all of the housework that you did throughout the week, don't be afraid to give yourself one day a week where you get to veg out on the couch. If this helps you to get it all out of your system or acts as a refresher, feel free! But only allow yourself that one day to get nothing done. 

These are things that I do that really help me stay on top of all of the housework. I make a to-do list every single day and I feel extremely satisfied when I get to cross things off the list. Of course, there are other things you can do to combat laziness, do whatever works for you! 

Thanks for listening. 

-D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment