Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Appreciating your loved ones

Hey guys! 

Dawn here. Like my housework, I have neglected to blog the past couple of days. It's not that I forgot, I just didn't feel inspired. That happens sometimes. I really didn't know what to say. 

I've been doing the bare necessities every day to make sure the house is straightened, like the dishes, the laundry, etc. but I haven't really done any detail work until today. Today I actually picked myself up and scrubbed the things that needed scrubbing and I made my husband's lunches for the rest of the week. 

I find myself..a little empty without having a tiny mouth to feed. This has been one of the days where I really wanted to have a little kid around to keep me company, but then I remind myself that the reason I'm staying home is so that I can get de-stressed before we try to get pregnant. I also have a personal fitness goal that I want to achieve before we start trying. 

I feel like my marriage is better than ever. It definitely helps that one of us is always well-rested so that if he has a hard day and he's a bit snappy with me, I can give him all of my patience and understanding. When I was working, I'd be just as exhausted and liable to snap back at him, which is never a good thing. 

We went to see Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 in theaters on Saturday night! It was so fun. We hid some snacks in my purse, I got all dolled up in a dress and some makeup, and my husband took so long to get ready that we were a few minutes late! Luckily the previews were still playing so we didn't miss any of the movie. 

I can't stress this enough, ladies, if you are staying at home, make sure that you still have date night with the husband. It doesn't have to be a movie or even anything too expensive. Maybe you could make a meal that you both really enjoy, stay in, rent a movie from redbox (only $1-$3) and just enjoy each other's company. 

For the first few anniversaries that my husband and I celebrated, all we did was get a bottle of wine, a pie, and watched a movie. That was perfectly fine with us. I am reminded every day of why I married my husband. Maybe it's something he says...or the way that he looks at me. Maybe it's the cute facial expression that he makes when he's frustrated or thinking deeply about something. 

Of course there have been arguments. Hurt feelings. But when you really love someone, you don't give up. You do everything that you can to make it work. I would like nothing more than to bring my husband's children into the world. I can't wait for the moment that I get to place our little miracle into my husband's arms and see the look on his face. I know he is going to be a wonderful father. 

I am going to sign off before I get too emotional, but please. If you are reading this, hug your spouse today. Give them an extra kiss. Appreciate them while you can. This life is fleeting. 

As always, thanks for listening. 


-D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment