Saturday, June 17, 2017

Let's Make Something Clear

Hi Guys. 


Notice there is no exclamation point at the end of that sentence like there usually is. Today I want to talk to you about something important and it is definitely more of a serious topic. 

I have had a few conversations with girls that were a little disturbing. We are here today to talk about a hot topic: the relationship dynamic between a husband and a wife. Whoo. This is big. Do I pretend to be an expert on this? No, I am not. I just know from experience what works for me and my husband, that has brought us four years of extreme happiness. 

Here's what I think: A man and a woman who decide to join their lives together in the union of marriage enter the relationship as partners. They each bring something to the table; the man promises to do what he can to provide for his wife, and in return she promises to birth and raise their children and manage the home. I do not think that one is more important than the other, I think they are equal. 

If my husband tells me to do something, I don't blindly follow his orders. I think about it, and if it seems like a reasonable request, I do it. I do NOT think think a woman should be a slave to her husband. I don't think she should just meekly accept whatever he tells her to do, even if she disagrees. 

I love and respect my husband. He is a smart man, and that's part of why I married him. I know him well enough to know that he will never ask me to do something he feels will harm me in any way. He will never ask me to do something that he knows is against my morals. So while I trust him to take care of me, that doesn't mean I am never going to question his decisions. I do not think that women are just cattle to be bred. We have emotions and we have opinions. If your partner loves and respects you as much as you do him, he will listen to what you have to say, think on it, and then either argue or agree. 

There are certain types of relationships *cough* (kinky) where the woman willingly submits to being a male's slave. The key word there is WILLINGLY. We should never be forced to do a man's bidding. 

As partners, both the man and the woman should have an equal say in the relationship. There should be mutual respect, trust, and love. That is how my relationship with Mr. Dawn has survived. Usually, I do let him take the lead, but I will not be a doormat. I won't lie down and accept something if I strongly disagree with it. My husband doesn't want a 'yes' woman, he wants someone he can have interesting conversations with. 

All that being said, I do things for him because I love him. I make him coffee in the morning because I want to. I keep the house clean because I don't want him to have to worry about anything when he gets home. I cook his food, knowing that he is tired from work. Marriage should be a compromise, not a prison. You should be trying to show your spouse that you love them every day. 


There is a book that encapsulates what I think the ideal relationship between a man and a woman should be, which I will link below. 

Thanks for listening. 


-D. 

https://www.amazon.com/Donts-Wives-Blanche-Ebbutt/dp/0713687908/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497685526&sr=8-1&keywords=don%27t+for+wives


No comments:

Post a Comment