Thursday, June 1, 2017

A day in the life of Dawn

Hi guys! 


Dawn here. I thought I would let you guys know what my day's been like so far. 

I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off and HOLY HECK-my right leg was hurting pretty bad. I had been on the treadmill for two hours the day before and the muscle in my right hip was sore. 

Important lesson: ALWAYS STRETCH. I could not find a comfortable position, either lying down or sitting. Thankfully, as I'm writing this, it's gone away but it did bug me for more than a few hours. 

My husband, (for the purposes of this blog, we'll call him Mr. Dawn) always thinks that he can get ready for work in ten minutes. In reality, it takes him around thirty. So when he started getting ready for work twenty minutes before he was supposed to be there, I was worried he was going to be late. I did everything for him that I could possibly do, such as getting his lunch ready and putting his keys and wallet on the counter in the kitchen. The rest he had to do for himself. 

He hasn't gotten home yet, so I still don't know if he was actually late or not. 

As for the housework, that took me about an hour. Since I cleaned the apartment really good last week over the course of several days, all I've had to do this week is maintenance clean. That means wiping down the counters in the kitchen, doing what little dishes have been dirtied, and putting in a load of laundry. 

This is my third week as a housewife, and I have already settled into a pattern. Since I want to be completely honest in the blog, there are some pros and cons that I've noticed so far. 

Pros: I don't think I can say just how relaxing it is getting to stay at home. My former job was incredibly stressful physically and I would always be sore and tired. Since I quit my job, I've gotten plenty of sleep and the only soreness I get now is from exercise. 

Another big pro for me is that I get to devote time to making sure everything is taken care of for Mr. Dawn. Nothing makes me happier than to make sure that Mr. Dawn has his coffee when he wakes up, his lunch packed for work and his dinner made. I love him very much and I want nothing more than to make his life as easy as possible. 

On the flip side of the coin, there have been two cons that I have noticed. 

The first is the BOREDOM. Ladies, if you become a housewife, you will need to pick up a hobby or have plenty of books to read. I often find myself with nothing to do, which I know will disappear once we have a child. Right now, this is a good opportunity for self-improvement. I can study subjects that I'm interested in and spend time trying to increase my level of fitness. 

The second con is money. Mr. Dawn and I really have to make sure that the things we are buying are absolutely necessary. I had to create a budget that we have to stick to. We don't have as much excess income as we used to, but this way, we are not wasting our money on things we don't need. 

As for right now, I am writing this blog as a way to pass the time until Mr. Dawn gets home so we can spend some time together. This is the beginning of his three day weekend, so hopefully we can plan some fun outing for the two of us. 

Thanks for listening. 

-D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment